Residents of Mason & Oceana County
Do you need help with…?
- Food & Personal Care Items [90 day turn]
- Utility (Electric, Gas, Propane, Fuel Oil, Water, Wood) [1 year turn]
- Emergency Shelter [1 year turn]
- Rent/Mortgage Assistance (excluding deposits) [1 year turn]
- Medical Prescriptions (excluding pain meds) [1 year turn]
- Clothing (Disaster Victims, School Children & Workplace) [turn depends]
- Furniture (Disaster Victims)
We serve thousands of people during the year and we must stretch our resources to the maximum to serve as many people as we can with the resources we have been blessed with for our community.
The Salvation Army Family Social Service Center
114 E. Melendy St., Ludington, MI 49431
-Caseworker, Socail Service: Doris Crawford
-Maintenence, Food Service: William Clark
Monday – Friday’s
9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Thursdays (Oceana Residents: DHS Office in Hart)
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon & 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Food Pantry Assists are best Mondays – Fridays
1:00 – 2:30 p.m.
[Mason County residents on the east side may complete an application for food assistance only at the Scottville Senior Center]
Late night/after hour emergency homeless or abused person may seek a shelter voucher at the Mason County Sheriff’s office (homeless) or C.O.V.E. (abuse situation). persons needing help must apply at The Salvation army the next business day for extended nights/resources.
Requirements Needed/Please bring with you, your…
- Picture I.D.
- Social Security numbers for all Household members
- Proof of Mason or Oceana County residency
- DHS Decision Notice if applicable
- Original Utility Bill/”Shut Off” Notice if applicable
- Income & Expense (monthly and/or weekly)
- Please call 843-3711 for an appointment for basic assistance: based on need and funding available.
We Are a Participating Agency of United Way of Mason County & United Way of the Lakeshore